DISCLAIMER: The main purpose of this article is to show how the Template Editor tool can help you find a template for editing, but not to describe all possible code alterations. You should be skilled in .html to customize the code.
For this purpose:
1. Open the Email Notifications page of your store's Admin area (Store setup -> Email notifications ).
2. Find a notification that you need to edit and open the notification details page.
In our case, it will be the ‘Order Created’ notification that corresponds with an e-mail that both a customer and an admin receive after a new order has been placed.
3. Scroll down the details page and locate the ‘Dynamic message’ button in the Scheme section.
Click on it, and a random invoice will open in a new tab.
4. Click on a section within the invoice that you want to edit to see the corresponding .twig file.
We’ll remove the Shipping method section from the invoice in our sample.
5. Click on the highlighted .twig file to open and edit it the way you need.
In our case, it is the
mail/common/order/invoice/parts/bottom.methods.shipping.twig file. We will delete the highlighted code from the file to remove the Shipping method section from the invoice e-mail notification.
6. Click Save changes.
The changed template will automatically rename from
theme_tweaker/mail/admin/order/invoice/parts/bottom.methods.shipping.twig and will list in the Edited Templates page of your store's Admin area (Look an feel -> Edited templates).
The custom template disabling or deletion cancels the changes it applies, and the customized page reverts to its default look.