After the Block Users by IP add-on has been installed and configured, you can limit access to your store for visitors from certain territories and block existing user accounts if required.
Limiting Access for Groups of Visitors
To limit access to your store for groups of visitors, you need to configure access filters.
For this purpose:
1. In your store’s Admin area, open the Access Filters page (Store setup -> Access Filters) and click Create.
This opens the Access Filter page, where you can configure the filter properties.
2. Configure the set of options for your filter:
Condition type: Use the dropdown to select a method to distinguish a user. Depending on the type selected, you will be able to specify:
- IP address: an exact IP address;
- IP address mask: a mask for a group of IP addresses;
- IP range by CIDR: CIDR IPv4 and IPv6 address spaces;
- IP address country: a country to which IP addresses belong (each additional country requires a separate filter);
- User-agent: a user agent pattern.
Filter type: Select whether you want to give or forbid access to the site for users with the specified condition type.
Filter range: Select what part of your store site should be (in)accessible to the users with the specified condition type.
Reason (optional): Specify the reason for applying the limitations.
3. Click Create to complete the creation of the filter.
The newly created filter will become available on the Access filters page:
Blocking Existing User Accounts
You can also create filters based on a particular order or user information if they look like fraud to you.
For this purpose:
1. Open either the Order details page of an order (Orders -> Order list) or the Account details page of a user (Users -> User list) that you wish to use as a basis for your filter.
2. Locate the IP address section.
3. Click the Start creation of filter for this IP button. You will be redirected to the Access filter page.
4. Create a new filter for the chosen IP address.
5. Click Create to complete the creation of your filter.
X-Cart will add the newly created filter to the list of your filters.