You can reset your login password any time if you forget it or if you want to keep your administrator account more secure.
Password Recovery On the Login Page
If you ever forget your password:
1. Click the link "Forgot password?" on your store's Admin area login page:
You will be redirected to the Forgot your password? page:
2. On this page, enter the email address associated with your administrator user account and click Submit. Check your email for a confirmation URL link shortly after it.
3. Check your email inbox for an email titled "*\Your_company_name*: Confirm password reset request."
4. Use the link from this email to initiate the password recovery process. The link from the email will redirect you to the Change password page:
5. Enter a new password for your admin account, confirm it and click Update.
6. You will be logged in to your store Admin area with your new password.
You are done with the password recovery issue. Make sure you save your new Admin area password in a secure place for future references.
Password Update in the Store Admin Area
To update your password in your store Admin area:
1. Click your account picture on any page of the store Admin area:
2. Click the link My profile:
You will be redirected to the account details page:
3. On the Account details page, locate the Email & password section.
4. Click the button Click to specify to see a blank line where you can define a new password for your account:
5. Click Update.
Best Practices: Strong Password Creation
Here’s how to craft stronger passwords that will help stave off malicious actors on the web.
Create a unique password for every account.
Make it long. Your password should consist of at least 6 characters.
Use a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols.
Use upper and lower cases.
Change your passwords regularly.
Use a password manager like 1Password.
Use the same password for multiple accounts. Like never.
Use general words and common expressions.
Use keyboard patterns like "qwerty" or "12345".
Use personal information: names, addresses, ID numbers, etc.