The add-on Multi-vendor enables its own set of email notifications in X-Cart. The store administrator should check and adjust these notifications in the Email notifications section (Store setup > Email notifications). More information on X-Cart store notifications is available in the section Quick Guide on Email Notifications.
The notifications pertaining to Multi-vendor include the following:
Notifications related to the management of vendor accounts:
- Vendor account created: This notification is sent when a new vendor account is created.
- Vendor account approved: This notification is sent after a new vendor account is approved by the store administrator.
- Vendor account rejected: This notification is sent after a new vendor account is rejected by the store administrator.
Order related notifications for vendors:
- Order changed with advanced order management (for vendor): This message is sent to notify the vendor of any changes made to their order by an administrator using the advanced order management feature.
- Order canceled (for vendor): This notification is sent to the vendor when an order gets the status Canceled.
- Order changed (for vendor): This notification is sent to the vendor when the status of an order is updated - in the event that no other type of notification is sent.
- Order created (for vendor): This notification is sent to the vendor when a new order is created (Disabled by default).
- Order failed (for vendor): This notification is sent to both the administrator and customer when an order gets the status Declined.
- Order processed (for vendor): This notification is sent to the vendor when an order gets the status Paid.
- Customer has rated the order (for vendor): This notification is sent to the vendor when a customer rates the order of this vendor.
- Backordered item in the orders (for vendors): This notification is sent to a vendor if one or more products of this vendor in a customer’s order are out of stock at the time of order placement (available starting from X-cart 5.4.1.x).
Payout request related notifications:
- Vendor request for payment: This message is used to notify the administrator when a vendor submits a payout request.
- Vendor request has been processed: This message notifies the vendor who has submitted a payout request as to whether their payout request has been approved or declined by the administrator.
The store administrator should also check the E-Mail transfer settings section (Store setup > Email notifications) and properly specify the REPLY-TO email address that should be used for email notifications that will be sent to the vendors. This can be done by adjusting the setting Email to use for the REPLY-to field in vendor email.