To use Mailсhimp with your X-Cart store, you will need to connect the "Mailсhimp Integration with eCommerce Support" add-on (a-ka Mailсhimp Integration) with your Mailсhimp account. If you do not yet have a Mailсhimp account, you can sign up here.
The connection is made using an API key, so that you will need one.
Instructions for finding or generating your API key are available in the Mailсhimp knowledge base article About API keys.
Once an API key has been set up for your X-Cart store in your Mailсhimp account, connect your integration to Mailсhimp:
1. Open the Mailchimp Lists page in your store Admin area (Marketing -> Mailchimp Lists).
2. Use one of the suggested methods to connect to Mailсhimp.
Method 1: Sign up for a new Mailchimp account and have it connected to your integration automatically.
- Click on the Sign Up button.
- You will be redirected to the Mailchimp sign-up page, where you will need to provide the information required by Mailсhimp to create a new account.
- Once your new Mailchimp account has been created, follow the instructions for connecting your existing Mailchimp account to your integration (See Method 2 below).
Method 2: Log in to your existing Mailchimp account. This will connect your X-Cart store to your Mailchimp account automatically.
- Click on the link Connect with your Mailсhimp account.
- On the Mailсhimp authorization page, enter your Mailсhimp login and password, and click Log In.
- Provided that the authorization goes successfully, your X-Cart store will connect to your Mailсhimp account.
Method 3: Enter your Mailchimp API key manually and have your store connected to your Mailchimp account.
- In your Mailсhimp account, copy the API key you have set up for your X-Cart store.
- On the Mailchimp Lists page in your X-Cart store Admin area (Marketing -> Mailchimp Lists), paste the API key into the field that says “Enter your Mailсhimp API key manually” and press Enter.
- Provided that a valid API key has been used, your store will connect to your Mailсhimp account.
Regardless of the method that has been used, after a successful connection, you will be able to see the Mailchimp Settings on the Mailchimp Lists page with your Mailсhimp API key showing in the field of the same name:
Should you need to change the Mailсhimp account or the API key used for the connection, you can do so at any time using the “Reset Mailсhimp connection” link provided next to the Mailсhimp API key field (See Disconnect Integration for more info).
Once your integration has been connected to your Mailсhimp account, you should configure it. For example, you will be able to toggle the E-commerce analytics and Abandoned carts features, choose how your customers should be able to subscribe to your Mailсhimp lists (whether a customer should be able to choose more than one list when subscribing, whether an additional confirmation should be required after a customer opts in to subscribe, etc.) For more info, see Configuring the addon ‘Mailсhimp Integration with E-commerce support.’
If you’ve already had some lists and list groups configured in your Mailсhimp account before connecting your X-Cart store to Mailсhimp, you should expect to find these lists and groups imported into your X-Cart store as soon as the connection between the store and your Mailсhimp account has been established. To view and manage the lists imported from your account, go to the Marketing > Mailсhimp lists page. At least, you will need to visit this page and make sure that the lists to which you would like your store users to be able to subscribe are active for your store. For more info on managing lists in X-Cart, see Managing your Mailсhimp lists. If you haven’t yet created any lists on the Mailсhimp end and need more information on this topic, see the Mailсhimp Knowledge Base article on Lists.
As soon as your lists/groups are ready, your store’s users will be able to subscribe to them via the subscription form on the checkout and registration pages. Registered customers will be able to change their subscriptions (add more lists/groups or unsubscribe completely) via the Account details page. A store administrator will also be able to change the store users' subscription preferences by editing these users' profiles via the X-Cart store’s Admin area.
After setting up lists in Mailсhimp, you will be able to create and send Campaigns.
To make the most of Mailсhimp’s eCommerce features, be sure to enable eCommerce link tracking when configuring your campaigns or automations to track purchases.
To turn on eCommerce link tracking for a campaign, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Setup step of the Campaign Builder.
- In the Tracking section, check the box next to E-commerce link tracking.
This way, you will be able to track individual visitors attracted to the site by your Mailсhimp campaigns, capture customers purchasing activity, and pass it all back to Mailсhimp. You will be able to view purchase details, conversions, and total sales on the Reports page in your Mailсhimp account.
Mailсhimp mailing lists support segmentation based on your subscribers’ purchase activity:
- Orders amount (Biggest Spenders/Tiny spenders);
- Frequency of ordering (Frequent Buyers/We Miss You);
- Series of purchasing (after specific product purchase).
Based on your customers’ purchasing activity, Mailсhimp will recommend products to your newsletter recipients. Every recipient will see a set of products that are more likely to be interesting, particularly to them.
With the advanced Email Automation capabilities of Mailсhimp, you will be able to set emails or series of emails to be sent to your customers right away as soon as they take particular actions in your store, i.e., just subscribed, abandoned cart, made the first purchase, bought any/specific product, bought a product from some category.