The add-on Special Offers: Spend X Get Y works with a cart subtotal and gives a customer a discount if a certain subtotal is met. Unlike regular discounts or sales, the add-on encourages customers to spend from a certain sum to win a prize. The 'Spend X Get Y' offer is especially good when you need to force sales regardless of particular SKUs.
Here is how you can get started using the add-on ‘Special Offers: Buy X Get Y’:
- Ensure the add-on ‘Special Offers: Buy X Get Y’ is installed and enabled at your store.
Installing and Configuring Special Offers Components
- In your X-Cart store Admin area, visit the page ‘Special Offers’, where you will create and manage your special offers.
‘Spend X Get Y’ Offers
To get a better idea of how special offers work, be sure to look at a pre-configured special offer sample that comes with the add-on. Disable or remove it or edit its configuration to use it as your own offer.
- If you create special offers that will be available not to everyone but just to certain groups of customers (“membership levels”), be sure to configure the respective membership levels.
- Decide whether you want to advertise your special offers via a dedicated page in your store's storefront - the Special offers page. If you do, make sure your store visitors are provided with a link to this page.
Managing the Special Offers Page
- Add more offers and manage the existing offers as you require via the Special Offers page in the Admin area.
Managing Special Offers