Make sure the Google Analytics add-on is installed and enabled as described in the Managing Add-ons guide.
When enabled, click the Settings link on the add-on details pop-up to configure it.
The Google Analytics add-on settings page looks as follows:
To make the add-on submit your store data to Google Analytics, you need to configure the following settings:
- Web Property ID: Use this field to specify your Google Analytics Web Property ID. If you don't know where to find this value, check the Google Analytics Account Setup guide for details.
- What are you tracking: Choose between single domain / one domain with multiple subdomains / multiple top-level domains depending on your preferences.
- Google Analytics code version: Choose between Universal Analytics and Traditional Analytics.
- Enable eCommerce Google Analytics: Enable/Disable submitting eCommerce data to Google Analytics
- Register purchase only on Paid status change: When enabled, X-Cart sends order data to Google Analytics when an order gets the ‘Paid’ status. When disabled, X-Cart sends order data when an invoice page shows up to a customer regardless of the order status.
- Debug mode: Enable to check all actions submitted to Google Analytics in a browser JS console.
Click Submit to save the settings when the add-on configuration is complete.
Google Analytics will collect statistics based on the settings you specified.