Using the Template Editor facilities, it is possible to add new templates directly in the storefront.
For this purpose:
1. When logged in as a store administrator, open the Template Editor tool in the storefront.
2. Navigating through the templates tree to the left, find the location you need to add a new template to.
3. Click the + (plus) icon within the necessary directory.
4. Specify the position and the name of a custom template in the blank line that opens.
The file position is a numeric value that defines the order of the templates’ representation. The greater the number is, the lower the position will be.
5. Click Enter to create a template.
6. Add your custom code to the file content field that opens to the right.
7. Click Save.
The custom file will add to the templates’ tree to the left.
It will also record in the list of customized templates in your store Admin area (Look & Feel -> Edited templates section).
Now you can maintain this custom template the same way as any template in your store.
If you need to cancel the changes introduced by a custom template, use the Trash icon in front of it in the Template Editor tool, then click Save. This removes the template from the storefront.
To delete a template completely, use the facilities of the list of customized templates in your store Admin area (Look & Feel -> Edited templates section).