If the owner/administrator of a multivendor X-Cart store wishes to be able to review the content of new product pages created by vendors before such pages get published,on the storefront, they can enable the add-on Trusted/Non-trusted vendors.
In a multivendor X-Cart store/online marketplace with the add-on Trusted/Non-trusted vendors installed and active, the store administrator will be able to give individual vendors a trusted/non-trusted status. Trusted vendors will be able to add new products to the product catalog without moderation; non-trusted vendors will have to submit new products for approval by the store administrator before these products get published.
The store administrator will be notified of new products submitted for approval and will be able to either approve or decline the publication of the respective product pages. They will also be able to add a comment for the vendor regarding their decision.
The vendor will be notified of the administrator’s decision by an email notification. If the administrator has chosen to provide a comment, the comment will be included in the email notification message.
Find out how a store administrator can:
- Activate the add-on “Trusted/Non-trusted vendors” to enable the moderation of new products added by individual vendors. See Activating the Trusted/Non-trusted Vendors Add-on
- Give individual vendors a trusted/non-trusted status to specify who can add new products to the catalog without moderation, and who must submit new products for approval by the store administrator before they get published. See Managing the Trusted/Non-trusted Status of Vendors
- Approve or decline the publication of new products created by non-trusted vendors. See Reviewing the Products of Non-trusted Vendors
- Find vendor products by their publication status. See Finding Products by Their Publication Status
- Adjust the email notifications sent to vendors after their product is approved or declined. See Managing Email Notifications for the Trusted/Non-trusted Vendors Add-on