The order listing page of the X-Cart Admin area (Orders -> Orders List) provides a store admin with the means of bulk-editing orders.
First of all, a store admin can change the payment and fulfillment statuses on a per order basis.
For this purpose:
- On the order listing page, select the appropriate payment or fulfillment status for an order in the respective drop-down;
- Click the Save changes button to submit the changes.
In case changes are to be applied to more than one order at a time, a store admin can mark the check-box opposite an order to select it from the list and use the bulk-editing panel at the bottom of the page for alterations.
The options for bulk edit are:
- Print selected: A store admin can either print an invoice or a packing slip on their choice.
- Change the payment status for selected: The payment status should be changed only for the orders placed using offline payment methods. The payment status for the orders paid via online payment processors is updated automatically.
- Change fulfillment status for selected: The fulfillment status should be updated respectively each time an order progresses in the fulfillment chain regardless of the payment method used.
- Delete selected: A store admin can clear the order history.
Each time an order is updated a customer receives a special email notification. More info on the email notifications you can find in the Email Notifications section
The bulk-editing tool also allows exporting orders into a CSV file directly on the orders listing page. Use the ‘Export all: CSV’ button for this purpose or select the orders that should be exported and click Export selected: CSV.