Table of Contents
- Installing the Segment Integration Add-on
- Creating a Segment Account
- Connecting X-Cart to Segment
- Creating Destinations in Segment
Installing the Segment Integration Add-on
X-Cart is integrated with Segment via a free add-on Segment Integration. The integration provides access to such useful tools as Goole Analytics, Mixpanel, Pinterest Tags, Google Ads, Facebook Pixel, Kissmetrics, etc.
To start using the add-on, install it as described in Installing Add-ons from X-Cart App Store.
After the add-on has been installed and enabled, create a free account at Segment.com.
It is best to do it in a separate tab of your browser while keeping the X-Cart Segment Integration page open.
Creating a Segment Account
To create an account with Segment.com:
If you already have an account with Segment.com, sign in and add your X-Cart site as a source.
2. On the next page, specify your business details and click Create A Free Account.
That’s it! You’ve created a free Segment account for your business. Don’t close the Segment tab, as you’ll need to proceed further from where you stopped.
Connecting X-Cart to Segment
When you are signed in with Segment, you can add your X-Cart site as a data source.
For this purpose:
1. Follow the Quickstart page that you’ll see next to the account being created.
2. Click Cancel to exit the Quickstart and get access to your Segment back-end.
3. Add your website as a data source in the Segment back-end.
- Locate the Sources section and click Add Source.
- Click Connect in a pop-up.
- Enter your company name and the full URL of your X-Cart based store and click Add Source.
- Proceed to the Settings tab to get the required API Key value.
- Find and copy the Write Key value in Settings -> API Keys section.
4. Open the Segment Integration add-on settings page in your X-Cart Admin area.
5. Paste the Segment Write Key value in the respective field on the add-on settings page and click Submit.
You are all set! Segment is now collecting your website data.
Creating Destinations in Segment
Once Segment Integration is enabled and data collection starts, you can add the services you need as destinations in the Segment back-end to pass the data collected from X-Cart to the respective service and process it there.
To add a Destination:
1. Click Add destination on the Overview page in the Segment back-end (or proceed to the Destinations section and click the Add destination button there).
2. Choose the required service from the Catalog.
3. Proceed with the service set-up as described on the page.
4. Wait for data to flow to the newly added system.
In case of any difficulties with the Segment back-end configuration, you can always refer to Segment documentation for help.