X-Cart 5 allows configuring volume discounts either as a fixed amount or as a percentage of the order subtotal amount. Unlike coupon discounts, volume discounts do not require your customers to enter any secret code: a volume discount is applied automatically to any order that meets certain conditions defined by a store administrator. Volume discounts can apply to orders with a subtotal amount equal to or greater than a certain amount. They can also apply to orders placed by users of a specific membership level.
When a volume discount is applied, the cart and checkout pages will show the discount amount on a separate line:
For purchases with a subtotal amount below the level needed to get a discount, a message like the following will be displayed:
The volume discounts feature in X-Cart 5 is enabled by the add-on Volume Discounts:
To use the volume discounts feature, make sure the add-on is installed and enabled at your store. For general addon installation instructions, see Installing Add-ons from X-Cart App Store.
To configure a volume discount:
1. In your store’s Admin area, go to the Volume discounts section (Discounts > Volume discounts) and click Add discount.
2. Specify the parameters you require on the discount details screen that opens.
- Discount type: Select between fixed amount and percentage.
- Discount amount: Set the discount amount accordingly.
- Active from: Set the discount validity period start date. (Optional)
- Active till: Set the discount expiration date. (Optional)
- Subtotal: An order subtotal amount starting from which the discount should apply.
For example, if you set this to “100” (USD), the discount will be available for orders with a subtotal amount equal to or more than $100.
- Membership: Set the membership level to which the discount should be available.
- Zones: Select address zones for which the discount is available.
- Vendor: This field is available only in X-Cart Multivendor. For information on using this field, see Volume Discounts: Usage with Multivendor.
3. Once you are done, click Create. The discount will be added to the list:
If necessary, you can add more than one discount differentiated by subtotal ranges and membership levels.
Volume discounts do not sum up: if a customer’s order meets more than one volume discount conditions, they will still get only one deal (the most significant discount available).