To limit coupons availability to a group of random products, a store admin should first create a coupon, paying special attention to the following setting:
Valid only for specific products: Enable the option by setting the toggle to “YES.”
Then it is necessary to assign the newly created coupon to products.
Note that there are no limitations on the number of coupons that can be assigned to one product.
You can assign coupons to products using the methods described below.
METHOD 1: THROUGH THE “PRODUCTS” TAB OF A COUPON DETAILS PAGE
This is the most common way of assigning coupons to products.
The Products tab of the coupon details page (Discounts -> Coupons) becomes available as soon as a coupon with the enabled option Valid only for specific products is created and allows assigning as many products to a coupon as you require.
To assign a coupon to a group of products, follow the steps below:
1. On the Products tab of the coupon details page, click Add products.
2. Select the products to which the coupon needs to be assigned from the list in the pop-up.
3. Click the Add products button at the bottom of the pop-up.
The coupon will be assigned to the selected products. Once the pop-up is closed, you will be able to see the Products tab of the coupon details page again - this time with a list of products to which the coupon is assigned.
Should you need to unassign the coupon from some products or add more products to the list, you can do it right here.
The number of products to which the coupon is assigned will also be shown as a clickable link on the coupons listing page. You can edit the product list by following this link directly.
METHOD 2: THROUGH THE “BULK EDIT” TOOL
The Bulk edit tool enabled by the add-on Bulk Editing is primarily used to manage the existing coupon assignments. However, it can still be used to assign a new coupon to a group of products in bulk if required.
The Bulk edit tool is available on the product listing page (Catalog -> Products):
To assign a coupon to a group of products:
1. Open the product listing page and select the products to which the coupon will apply.
2. Click Coupons in the Bulk edit selector:
3. On the page that opens, use the "Click to specify" button to select the coupon that will apply to the products:
Click inside the Coupons field to see the list of coupons available and select the coupon you require:
4. Check that the action is set to Add:
5. Click Save changes.
The coupon will be assigned to the selected products.
METHOD 3: THROUGH PRODUCT DETAILS PAGES
Through the product details page is probably the least practical method of assigning coupons if you need to assign them to multiple products; however, you may still find it useful if you need to assign a coupon to a single product. By using this method, you can assign and unassign coupons on a per-product basis.
To assign a coupon to a product:
1. Find the product you require on the product listing page (Catalog -> Products) and open the product details page for editing.
2. Scroll down to the Prices & Inventory section in the Info tab, locate the Coupons field there and click inside to check for the coupons available:
3. Select the coupons you want to assign to the product from the dropdown box and click the Update product button at the bottom of the page to save the changes: