All online payment methods in X-Cart 5 are implemented as installable payment integration add-ons. Typically, a newly installed X-Cart store will have some payment integration add-ons enabled out of the box.
Viewing the List of Available Payment Systems
You can check what payment add-ons are installed at your store via the My Apps page of your X-Cart App Store and find the respective payment methods via the Payment settings section of the Admin area.
For this purpose, in the Payment settings section, click the Add payment method button at the top right-hand corner of the Online methods section.
A popup box with the list of payment methods opens:
You can find out the status of each method by the type of button displayed opposite the method name on the right-hand side of the list:
For methods that are installed and enabled, the button Settings is provided. This button allows you to access the method settings page, where you can adjust the method name, description, and other configuration settings and deactivate the method if necessary.
For methods that are installed but not enabled, the button Add is provided. You can use this button to add the method to your payment methods list and access the method settings page with one click. Note that after adding any online method with the Add button, you will still need to configure it.
For methods that are not installed, the button Install is provided. This button allows you to download from the Marketplace and install the payment integration add-on needed to enable the chosen payment method.
Adding Online Payment Methods
To start using a certain online payment method:
1. Make sure that the payment integration add-on you require is installed and enabled. If so, you should be able to see the respective payment method on the Online methods list in your store’s Payment settings section (Store setup > Payment methods).
2. If a payment method is not in the Online methods list, click the Add payment method button at the top right-hand corner of the Online methods section.
3. In the popup box that opens, select the section you require: All payment methods or PayPal all-in-one solutions.
4. Locate the payment method you require and click the Add (or Install) button opposite its name.
In case you selected a payment method with the Add button, you are redirected to the payment settings page, where you can proceed with the further payment configuration.
If you selected a payment method with an Install button, you are redirected to the X-Cart Service Screen for the payment installation and, after that, to the payments settings page for further configuration.
5. Once the chosen method is added to your store’s list of online payment methods, configure the method settings and enable it using the INACTIVE/ACTIVE switch.
That is all. The payment method is active and ready to use.