Every order in your X-Cart store has a payment transaction status that provides information as to the current state of the payment in the cart processing workflow.
A payment transaction is not a bank transaction in its actual meaning. A payment transaction is created at the moment a customer intends to place an order using both offline and online payment methods. The difference is in the order.
For offline payments order is created when the Place Order button is clicked, transaction getting a “Pending” status automatically.
For online payments in case of a successful payment X-Cart Admin area registers an order with a “Success” payment transaction status. In case of a failed payment, an order is not created, but a transaction is registered with a “Failed” status. A cart is not frozen at the moment of a failed payment and a customer can update it further. If you want a cart to be frozen at the moment of a failed transaction, please, use the add-on Not Finished Orders.
By default, X-Cart uses the following payment transaction statuses:
- In progress: The cart payment has been initiated by a customer (a customer clicked the ‘Place Order’ button and started submitting cc data info).
- Success: The order is successfully paid. Money has been transferred.
- Pending: The order payment is under consideration. (Used by default for offline payment methods).
- Failed: An attempt to authorize or charge the customer’s card has failed. Failure is generally due to technical or temporary reasons. _______________________________________________________________ Each failed transaction has a ‘Details’ note that clarifies the cause of the failure. _______________________________________________________________
- Canceled: The order is canceled by a merchant. The payment refunded to a customer in full.
- Void: A credit card purchase that a merchant cancels after it has been authorized but before it has been settled. A void transaction does not appear on the customer’s credit card statement, though it might appear in a list of pending transactions when the customer checks their account online.
A cart administrator can find the info on the payment transaction statuses on the Payment Transaction page of the store Admin area (Orders -> Payment Transactions).
The page supports orders search based on a payment transaction status as well as order number, date, and public id.
The information that displays for a transaction on the transaction listing page is as follows:
- Public ID: A unique alphanumeric identifier of a transaction generated by a bank. A transaction ID is needed when you search for a particular payment or issue a refund. This one also can be used to authenticate the holder of the card before reporting the data about the payments of a particular customer.
- Order: The order number a payment transaction refers to.
- Customer: The name of a customer who made a transaction.
- Date: The date and time of a transaction.
- Method name: A payment method used to place an order in your store.
- Type: The type of transaction.
- Status: The status of a payment associated with each transaction, which tells you where in the process the transaction is currently.
- Value: The amount of money involved in a transaction.
Transactions can be sorted for display in the table by “Public ID”, “Order”, “Date”, “Type”, “Status”, and “Value”. Click the column heading to change the order hierarchically.