The add-on SEO Health Check is a tool for keeping track of everyday SEO tasks that need to be done on the site.
To install the add-on, follow the instructions from Installing Add-ons from X-Cart App Store.
Once installed and enabled, the add-on performs a series of tests and helps the store admin to find SEO issues on the store website.
To start testing, open the “SEO Health Check” page of the SEO Settings section (Store setup -> SEO settings):
By default, the tab contains no info, and the store admin can initiate a check by clicking the Perform SEO Health checks button.
It will take a while to analyze the store data. Once the check is complete, the results will be displayed on the same page:
The check results will provide recommendations on improving the store SEO performance and answer the following questions:
- Does your website use SEO friendly URLs?
- Are there pages having non-unique titles on your website?
- Do the titles on the product, category, brand, and text pages have the optimal length?
- Will the meta descriptions of these pages appear in search engines nicely?
- Has an “alt” attribute been specified for images displayed on these pages?
- Is Google Analytics used to track your website performance?
- Can search engines find an XML sitemap and a robots.txt file for your site? Are these files up to date?
- Does your site use the secure protocol?
It is recommended to run the tests from time to time to ensure that your website is ready for search engines.