Install the Abandoned Cart Reminder add-on as described in Installing Add-ons from X-Cart App Store.
After the add-on Abandoned Cart Reminder has been installed and enabled, it needs to be configured.
To configure the add-on:
1. In the list of your store’s installed add-ons, locate the entry for Abandoned Cart Reminder and click the Settings link below it:
The “Abandoned Cart Reminder” add-on settings page opens:
2. Configure the add-on general settings:
- Abandoned cart cut-off time: Use this field to specify the time period (in minutes) after which the add-on should list a customer’s cart as abandoned.
By default, the cut-off time is set to one hour after the customer last viewed the cart page. That works for an average product, but it makes sense to try different values to find the cut-off time that gives your products a better recovery rate.
- Limit the number of coupons per user: Use this toggle to enable the generation of a special one-time-only discount coupon for every registered customer. The setting does not apply to customers who don't have a registered account in your store.
The setting is available only if the Coupons add-on is installed and enabled.
- Unsubscribe link in e-mails: Use this toggle to add the unsubscribe link to abandoned cart reminder e-mails.
3. Click Submit to make the configuration settings active.