There are two possible ways to add a category in X-Cart - manual and via import facilities. This article is about manual category creation.
To add a new category in an X-Cart store catalog:
1. In the Categories section of your store Admin area (Catalog -> Categories), click the New Category button.
2. In the field that appears, enter a category name you require.
You can add as many new categories as you require at a time.
3. Click Save.
The category will be added to the list.
A category can have subcategories that are created similarly. Subcategories are, in fact, categories of a lower level. Subcategories are created on the Subcategories tab of the category details page with the New Category button.
To edit a category/subcategory properties click the category/subcategory name on the listing page and follow the procedures described in Editing Category Details.
Managing Categories/Subcategories Listings
A category listing page of your store Admin area (Catalog -> Categories) allows a store admin to maintain the categories sorting in the storefront, to enable/disable categories and to delete them completely if required.
The listing page also displays for a category:
- a clickable number of featured products;
- a clickable number of subcategories;
- a clickable number of products in this particular category.
The value in brackets shows the overall number of products in both that category and all its subcategories.
A category listing page in the storefront displays only the products assigned to the category itself but not to its subcategories.