After creating global attributes via the Classes & Attributes section (Catalog > Classes & Attributes), you need to assign these attributes to specific products.
Usually, all global attributes are automatically assigned to all products in your store (both existing and future ones) right after they are created. However, it’s necessary to make sure the assigned global attributes are configured properly to display in the storefront.
To assign and configure a global attribute for a product, follow the steps below:
1. In your store’s Admin area, locate the product you need to assign a global attribute to, open the product details, and click on the Attributes tab.
2. Choose Global in the drop-down.
3. On the page that opens, scroll down to the Global attributes section and look at the list of attributes displayed in it.
Here you can see the full list of your store’s global attributes. The attributes for which the Attribute option field is empty are assigned but not configured for the product and are for this purpose not displayed on the storefront.
4. For the attribute that needs to be configured:
- Click inside the Attribute option field and type in the value you require.
- Click to expand the Attribute option drop-down and select a pre-configured attribute value from the list.
If you have more global attributes that need to be assigned to the product, repeat this for each of them.
5. Choose whether you want to apply the selected attribute option(s) to this product only or to extend it/them to all the products with the same global attribute by enabling the option Apply attribute value changes for all the products:
6. Click Save changes.