Generally, a return policy includes configuring return conditions, writing a store return policy, and arranging it to be displayed as a special page in the storefront.
Specifying Return Conditions
The Order Returns add-on allows configuring return conditions based on the order fulfillment statuses. By default, returns are permitted for the orders with the fulfillment status:
In case you need to permit returns for any other order statuses except for shipped and delivered, make sure the Custom Order Statuses add-on is installed and enabled.
To enable/disable returns for an order status:
1. Open the “Order Statuses” page of your store Admin area (Orders -> Order Statuses) and proceed to the Fulfilment Statuses tab.
2. Check the Allow returns column.
3. To enable returns for a fulfillment status, turn on the Allow returns toggle.
4. Save the changes.
Publishing Return Policy in the Storefront
For your customers to be aware of your store return policies, write a clear statement, and make it accessible in the storefront.
For this purpose:
- Open the “Pages” page of your store Admin area (Content -> Pages) and create a new page for return policies as described here.
- Open the “Menus” page of your store Admin area (Content -> Menus) and add the newly created “Return Policy” page to your store navigation panel as described here.
- Check your store “Return Policy” page in the storefront.