The basic product type you can use in X-Cart are regular products. Regular products can be enhanced with extra features to sell e-goods, services, pins, and subscriptions. Each new product type is activated via enabling a relevant add-on in the X-Cart App Store.
With all possible extensions, X-Cart supports the following types of products:
- Regular products (default option);
- Product Variants (enabled via the Product Variants add-on);
- Downloadable products or e-goods (enabled via the File Attachments and E-goods add-ons);
- PIN Codes (enabled via the PIN Codes add-on);
- Subscriptions (enabled via the X-Payments Subscriptions add-on);
- Bookable products (enabled via the Booking add-on).
There are several ways to add products to your store. You can use the built-in add/edit tool to manually create products one by one in the store Admin area, or you can upload products to your store in bulk using a CSV-formatted file. For some X-Cart versions, there’s also an option to migrate your product catalog from another platform to X-Cart using a migration app.