To install the Product Variants add-on, follow the general guidelines from Installing Add-ons from X-Cart App Store.
To configure the add-on, follow the settings link that becomes available after installation.
The add-on settings page allows configuring the variants price display mode. A price for a product with variants can either be displayed as a price range or as a single value based on the default variant price.
To configure the way a product price displays in the storefront:
1. Open the Product Variants add-on settings page from X-Cart App Store. It will look as follows:
2. Set the preferred value of the “How to show variant prices in product lists” option.
Your options are as follows:
- Default variant price (default value): If you choose this option, the price for products with variants will display based on the default variant price.
- Price range: If you choose this value, the price for products with variants will display as a price range from min to max variant price.
If you choose to switch to the “Price range” option, the first time you do so, be sure to run a recalculation of quick data (System tools -> Cache management -> Calculate quick data). This has to be done either before or after the switch. Without the recalculation, some features may not work correctly.
3. Click Submit to make the settings active.