Creating a product with PIN codes is similar to creating an ordinary product, as described here. The difference is that you must disable shipping for this product and generate PIN codes using the PIN Codes tab of the product details. See below for detailed instructions.
To add a PIN code product:
1. Create a new product as described here or use an existing one and open the product details page for viewing/modification.
For the sake of example, we are going to use a product “License PIN” that will be our PIN code product.
2. On the Info tab of the product details page, locate the Shipping section and disable shipping for the product.
Set the Requires shipping toggle to NO and click Update product.
3. Switch to the PIN Codes tab and turn on the PIN codes enabled toggle. This will let you add PIN codes for the product.
4. Now, you can add PIN codes for the product. PIN codes can be added either manually or automatically. You can choose one of the options.
If you want PIN codes to be generated by X-Cart (not entered by you), set the PIN codes generation method to Automatically.
With this option enabled, X-Cart's PIN code generation will be performed on demand for each product buyer. The PIN itself will be a 16-digit numeric code.
5. Click Save changes to proceed to the PIN code generation.
Creating PIN Codes Manually
To specify PIN codes manually:
1. In the PIN Codes tab of the product details page, click the Add pin codes button.
2. In the popup that appears, type the PIN codes you require.
You should enter one new PIN code per line. PIN codes max length is 64 characters.
3. Click Save. The PIN codes will be added to the list.
Importing PIN Codes
X-Cart does not allow creating new products with PIN codes via import. However, you can import PIN code values to existing products if necessary.
To import PIN codes:
1. Prepare a CSV file to import PIN codes. It should be a simple file with the PIN values like this:
2. In the Admin's area product list (Catalog -> Products), locate a product with PIN codes and proceed to the PIN Codes tab of the product details page. Click Import from CSV file.
2. In the popup that appears, choose the CSV file for import.
3. Click Upload. The PIN code values from the file will be added to the product's PIN list.