To set your preferences for the Product Reviews add-on:
1. Locate the Product Reviews add-on in the My Apps list of your X-Cart App Store and click the Settings link:
This opens the Product Reviews add-on settings page:
2. Adjust the add-on settings:
- Who can leave feedback: Specify the type of store users who should be allowed to add product ratings and reviews (Registered users only or Registered users who purchased the product). A “registered user” is a person who has a user profile with the store. A “registered user who purchased the product” is a person who has a user profile with the store, has ordered the product they wish to review, and has paid for it (i.e., the order payment status is Paid or Partially paid. The status “Partially paid” typically appears on order as a result of a partial refund.)
- Admin moderates all reviews before showing them to customers: Enable this option if you would like to approve and reject reviews so that only approved reviews will be published.
- The quantity of reviews to display: Use this setting to specify the maximum number of reviews displayed in the Reviews section of a product page (under the Reviews tab). If the number of reviews is greater than the number specified here, visitors will be able to read the rest of the reviews after following the “Read all reviews for the product” link in the lower part of the section.
- Request customers to review the purchased products after successful orders: Enable this option if you would like a review request to be sent to customers if their order was successful. A successful order is an order that has been successfully paid for and delivered (Payment status = Paid and Fulfilment status = Delivered). For orders that do not require shipping, the Fulfilment status is not considered; such orders are deemed successful as soon as their payment status is set to Paid.
- How many days later to send a review request: This setting pertains to the previous one and is only shown when the above setting is enabled. Use it to specify the period (in days) that should pass between updating the status(es) of the order and sending a review request to the customer.
Important: For the automated sending of review requests to customers, your server must be configured to run scheduled X-Cart tasks.
3. Click Submit to save the changes.