After the File Attachments add-on has been installed and enabled, it becomes possible to add and maintain attachments via the Attachments tab of a product details page in the store's Admin area.
To attach a file to a product:
1. In your store's product list (Catalog -> Products), locate a product for which you need to add an attachment and open its details.
2. In the Attachments tab, click the Add file button:
3. Select the file source. You can upload files from your local computer, your local server, or via an external URL.
4. Upload a file following the steps provided on the screen. The file will be added to the list of attachments for the product:
5. Adjust the attachment settings as you require.
Add more than one attachment for a single product. Use the Add file button for this purpose.
Change the title and description of your attachment. Click anywhere within the respective fields, and they will become editable.
Change the attachment file (or the location of the file). Then, use the […] icon to access the respective menu.
Delete the attachment using the Trash icon.
Use the Download (“down arrow”) icon to download the attachment file.
Use the Membership dropdown to specify the membership-based group of customers who should access the file.
Drag-n-drop attachments to sort the display order.
6. Click Save changes to save any changes to the attachment details you have made.
When you clone a downloadable product, the contents of the Attachments tab of the product from which a clone is created are copied to the clone product. As a result, you get two products using the same file attachment(s).
If necessary, you can then edit the file attachments for the clone product (replace the files, adjust the Free / Paid access settings, adjust the availability of the files to different membership levels, and the like), or keep the original files and their settings if you wish to re-use them. For information on product cloning, see the section Cloning Products.